Personal data and confidential information of your customers, employees and your company must be protected. It’s not just good practice. It’s the law.
What to shred:
Although individual needs may vary, here is a good indication of what to shred.
Accounting and Information Technology
- Customer lists
- Internal reports
- Payroll statements
- Supplier information
- Legal contracts
- Strategic reports
- Health and safety issues
- Medical records
- Payroll information
- Performance appraisals
- Training information and manuals
- Corporate records
- Supplier purchase orders
- Supplier records
- Supplier specifications
Research and Development
Sales and Marketing
- Appraisals, product testing, etc.
- Formulas, product plans and tests
- New product information
- Specification drawings
- Customer lists and contracts
- Training information
When in doubt, Shred-it® all
We recommend a comprehensive Shred-it® All Policy to ensure full security. A Shred-it® All Policy eliminates any confusion for your employees. They simply shred all documents, keeping your information secure.
Shred-it® Hard Drive and Media Destruction Service
Our CSRs pick up and register your electronic media, they are securely destroyed, and you are issued a Certificate of Destruction.
Acceptable items for hard drive and media destruction service:
- Hard Drives (any kind of laptop, desktop, PATA, SATA and many more)
- Backup Magnetic Tapes (any kind of DLT, mini cartridges and many more)
- Floppy Disks (3.5 inch disks, 5.25 inch disks, and many more)
- Zip Disks (100 MB, 250 MB, and other large disks)
- Optical Media (CDs DVDs, Blu-ray, and HD DVD)
Items for specialized pickup only
Please do not place the following items in the Shred-it®
- Sharp objects
- Ink cartridges and toners
- Large metal objects
- Food, glass, cans, etc.
- Pressurized containers
- Cardboard tubes
- Electrical items
- Medicine/pill bottles