Tips to Make Your Business Greener and More Secure
6 Recycling Fast Facts
1. Approximately 1 billion trees worth of paper are thrown away every year in the U.S alone1
2. If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250 million trees each year1
3. Just as importantly, using old paper to make new paper uses 65% less energy than making paper from trees2
4. Every ton (2,000 lbs) of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4,000 KWs of energy, and 7,000 gallons of water2
5. The 17 trees saved per ton can absorb a total of 250 lbs of carbon dioxide from the air each year. Burning that same ton of paper would create 1,500 lbs of carbon dioxide1
6. Recycled paper produces 74% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials3
What can you do to make a difference?
Did you know that 40% of the waste that goes into landfills is still paper? That’s a lot of paper that isn’t being recycled! By contacting Shred-it for secure Document Destruction and by implementing our Shred-it All Policy in your workplace you can rest assured that your confidential information won’t end up in the wrong hands and that ALL of your paper waste is being securely recycled. Recycling is an important part of our proprietary document destruction process which not only ensures the safe-keeping of sensitive material, it demonstrates our commitment to safeguarding the environment.
What is a Shred-it All Policy?
Simply put, if a document is ready to be discarded, it goes into the Shred-it container. Not the trash can. Not into the recycling bin. But directly into the Shred-it container; each time, every time. Period.
Good for your business.
Good for the environment.
Secure Recycling is only the beginning.
Our commitment to the environment goes beyond recycling. Our consoles are made out of 100% recycled wood particleboard. Shred-it also uses smaller and more fuel-efficient trucks with idle-down technology to reduce emissions. All truck motors in the Shred-it fleet meet or exceed all North American, UK, and European emission regulatory standards and use recyclable, biodegradable hydraulic fluids.