How a One Time Shred Could Benefit Your Business
Trying to keep a workspace organized can be a challenge, and many people don’t realize that as documents and files start to add up, so does the risk of fraud or a data breach.
Leaving sensitive documents or electronic devices out in the open could leave them susceptible to the risk of a data breach. It is important that businesses work with their employees to take the necessary steps to safeguard confidential information.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 3 in 10 employees do not make any effort to shred mailing labels and personal information.
- 1 in 3 employees admit to saving their passwords in a list on their computer or mobile device.
- $8.19M is the average cost of a data breach.
- 10% of C-suite executives and 38% of small business owners do not have a policy for disposing of confidential paper documents.
- 63% of C-suite executives and 31% of small business owners report that their employees have left confidential documents out in the open.
- 80% C-suite executives and 36% of small business owners report that employees default to printing documents that need to be reviewed or signed.
BENEFITS OF A ONE TIME SHRED
Reduce Human Error
A one time document clean-out means that the workspace will no longer have excess documents, files and electronic devices lying around. According to the Shred-it 2020 Data Protection Report, 27% of C-suite executives and 25% of small business owners cite human error or accidental loss by an employee as the primary reason for a breach.
Boxes of old files sitting around, years’ worth of emails retained on a computer, or confidential information piling up on desks or visible on computer screens are all opportunities for hackers and information thieves. Decluttering your workspace will mitigate some of these risks areas.
Proof of Destruction
Following a one time shred, a professional shredding service provider will issue a Certificate of Destruction. A Certificate of Destruction is given to confirm that the intended materials have been destroyed and that the organization is compliant with relevant laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
about our Express (2-Day) and Priority (5-Day) Purge Service Guarantee.
Download PDF Version