Terms and Conditions
OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. CONTEST ENTRY: Submissions will be received at shredit.com/goodriddanceday and the official Shred-it Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Upon receipt of Entry, you will automatically be registered for a chance to win.
- 5-night trip to New York, New York to attend Good Riddance Day (12/28/18) and New Year’s Eve
- Airfare for winner, and one guest within the United States
- Hotel stay for 5 nights (12/28/18 to 01/01/19)
- Special up-close pre-New Year’s Eve VIP Ball Viewing and photo opportunity (12/30/18)
- 2 tickets to the Official Times Square New Year’s Eve VIP Party (12/31/18)
MORE CHANCES TO WIN:
Four INDIVIDUAL weekly prize winners will receive a weekly prize, valued at $100.
Only one Individual grand prize winner and three finalists will be selected from among all entries. Limit one entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Time on November 29, 2018. The final selection process will include a panel review by employees of Shred-it and the co-sponsors, Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, November 29, 2018 through December 7, 2018. Submissions become the sole property of Shred-it (contest “Sponsor”) and none will be returned. Sponsor not responsible for late, illegible, or incomplete entries.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all U.S. residents. Limit one entry per person to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older, except employees of Shred-it, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion and judging agencies and the household members of each.
3. WINNERS LIST: For name of prize winner, available between 12/12/18 and 12/21/18, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope (where permitted) to: Katarina Kristanic, Shred-it, 1383 North Service Road East, Oakville, ON, Canada, L6H 1A7.
4. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: By entering the contest, individual entrants grant Shred-it a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard Shred-it purposes. Winner to be notified by Shred-it either in person, or via overnight delivery service. The winner may be asked to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where permitted) within 2 days of receipt of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. By entering, all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules and the judges’ decisions. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemptions orsubstitutions permitted, except by Sponsor, who may offer a cash alternative or substitute a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion, if the featured prize becomes unavailable. Federal, state and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize shall further constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that the sponsor may use the winner’s name, likeness and/or prize information without limitation for promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited. By accepting prize, winner agrees that neither Shred-it, its affiliates, subsidiaries, nor their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agencies will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or in connection with any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity. All Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. All entrants hereby release and hold harmless Shred-it, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and judging agencies from any and all liability associated with this sweepstakes, and the conduct of any of the foregoing in administering the sweepstakes.
Entrants have a maximum of four chances to win a prize, from the date of the contest launch, October 29, 2018. Winners will be drawn weekly on November 2, November 9, November 16 and November 23 at 2pm EST. Maximum one weekly prize per winner.